Friday, February 27, 2009

Can you Spare a Square?

Check out this great rug I just put in my living room! It really lightens up the room by hiding some of the dark, cold feeling wood floors. It also adds some color that this room desperately needed.


I've been very annoyed lately when shopping at various company websites. The kind of annoyed where you want more than you can afford. Even when the stores boast "BIG SALE"....when it comes to rugs, it's a bunch of crap. In order to get a rug this size, you'd have to spend $150+ even with it being on super sale. And, you know the ones I really wanted were $850! But, guess what....I don't have $850, or even $30! So, in order to accomplish adding a large area rug on my tight (tight!) budget, I had to get very, very creative. Today I took a trip to a local building materials resale store. I found these carpet tiles that looked interesting.

These carpet tiles were 50 cents a piece!!! All I had to do was lay them next to each other. Total cost for my 6x9 area rug: $12!!! Later on I'll connect them together by spraying adhesive on the back of them and adhering them to some fabric I bought at the same store. It was $1/yard. We'll see if that pans out. Until then, this will do!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

where did you find these?!? That is such a good idea! Rug's are way too expensive.