Friday, February 27, 2009

Serenity Now!

For years I've been trying to find some inspiration and focus when trying to decorate my home. I knew that I liked the colors green and blue and I wanted to incorporate them in my decor. However, the problem was always, which blue and green and what other colors will work well with them?

After I found this color palette generator, it became clear how I was going to be able to narrow down my color choices. A favorite blog I follow called This Young House shared a neat idea from CSS Drive. All you have to do is upload a personal photo and they will generate your color palette! I used two of my favorite locales for color and design inspiration.

The first photo is of Arenal Volcano in Costa Rica. I like the palette generated by this photo because of the different shades of green. I really like the color green because it reminds me of palm trees and vacation.


The second photo is of a Magen's Bay in St. Thomas. It generated several blues that I'd like to use to give a sense of relaxation and serenity. It also has several neutral colors I will use. The new rug in my living room was inspired by this color palette.


Have fun using your favorite photos, vacations or memories for your home designs!

No comments: